Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Navajo Trip Update...


Wow--it has been a month since I've blogged! Life has been as crazy as usual...

Quick update...

July 6th-14th: Navajo Mission Trip...amazing! The Lord did some incredible things out there! I had my own personal miracle on the first day of the trip, which set the tone for the whole week. When we prayed in the church parking lot before heading out, I set my camera on the bumper of one of the SUV's we were taking. We got in the cars and drove off. I realized as we were heading up I-15 (Cajon Pass) that I didn't know where my camera was (and we weren't stopping until Barstow, about 90 miles from Glendora)...so for 60 miles, I was trying not to worry, trying to convince myself that my camera was just in another vehicle. We arrived in Barstow, and my camera was STILL on the bumper! Nothing was holding it on! Praise the LORD--He knows what we need!!! I took 800 pictures with my camera this week, though I won't keep them all. Many shots are worthy of framing, and I will be doing that in the coming weeks.

We had over 100 kids in our VBS during the trip--which is incredible! There were about 20 decisions to follow Christ! :) Yay!

I'm still processing the trip, so I don't really know what to say yet...but I do know that I feel even more strongly that I could be on the mission field for the rest of my life...

More to come...here are two small albums of pictures to give you a small glimpse into our week. These pictures do not do justice to the beauty of the valley!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2035798&l=f4a55&id=56901132

http://apu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2035800&l=423ce&id=56901132

Oh--and an update to the previous post: my team got 2nd place, so we each received a $100 gift card to BestBuy!! :) YAY!