Monday, March 22, 2004

The long week ahead...

Well, it's another Monday morning. I had to get up at 6:30am to register for classes, only to find that the network was down. I got up an hour later and it worked. Got all my classes :) It is so nice to be a senior!

I did not go to chapel or class, and I am instead using this time to read diligently about the battle of Gettysburg (Killer Angels by Michael Shaara). If I get this done today, then all I will have to worry about will be my presentation for Thursday on the Battle of Missionary Ridge. I wrote my paper on Mere Christianity last night, so that is one down...such a crazy week. I have everything scheduled, even meals, so that I can make the most of my time.

I know that I am getting mail this week from a certain someone, and I am so totally excited. I love mail...it brings a great deal of joy to my life, mainly because it shows that someone took time and energy to write to me, rather than just sitting at a computer and typing...mail has always been important to me, and I love to send it as well. Can't wait to see what the postman brings!

I still cannot believe that I am going to be in Time Magazine...maybe even on the cover! :) God truly amazes me with the opportunities that He places before me. Let me explain. This weekend, at the Reagan Ranch, a writer and photographer from Time were there with us, as they are doing a piece on young Conservatives in America. The photographer took about 100 pictures (no exaggeration) of Stuart and I while we were in a training session, as we were right by a portrait of President Reagan. He asked for our names, and our school, and said that we will almost certainly be in the magazine. Later that day, as we were at the helipad that Reagan used when he went to his ranch, the photographer took a ton of pictures of all of us, and said that would be on the cover. If I am in the shot that he chooses to use, then I will be on the cover of Time Magazine! I am not getting my hopes up yet, because he took them from many angles, and I know that there is a possibility that I won't be in there...but still!! :) Sigh...okay, enough about that.

My brother is coming on Saturday...he is flying down for a race in Irwindale. It should be some good "bonding time," but we'll see. He leaves Sunday morning, very early...and of course I get to take him to the airport (5:15am!!). C'est la vie.

Alright, better get back to studying! :)