Wednesday, May 19, 2004

"The Real World"

When I decided to be "on my own" this summer, I was so excited about the prospect of working, paying the bills, being completely "independent", etc. Well, I have now officially been "in the real world" for one week, and I'm not so sure about this! I sat down last night to make a budget...realized that for the first month of being on my own things are going to be incredibly tight...at least my income is more than my expenses, so I will be able to save money, after the first month.

I feel like an adult now...living in my own apartment...paying my own rent/utilities, etc...but I also am realizing the burdens and stresses that adults face...Don't get me wrong--I am loving this more than I thought I would, but I am just gaining a greater appreciation for my parents and all they have done for my brother and I.

The real world can be a rather cold and uninviting place, but thankfully the Lord has blessed me with a wonderful family, great friends, and a loving church to help me adjust to the changes that are coming my way. I don't feel alone by any means...except when I'm in my apartment with NO INTERNET!! (IMT STILL HAS MY COMPUTER!) But anyway, yeah.

Life is good...