Friday, May 28, 2004

A very wise woman...

Lately I have been reading a lot, and it has been a wonderful experience. Last night I read the first half of Elisabeth Elliot's book "Passion and Purity"--and it is NOT as horrible as it sounds! :)

It is the story of her relationship with Jim Elliot, one of my personal heroes, and about the incredible waiting she had to do before God led them to a marriage relationship. Since I have been single for about 6 years now, I can empathize completely!

Let me just say that this woman is one of the wisest women I have ever read...this book is speaking to my heart in SO many ways! I will post some quotes later from this book, but God is using this book in great ways in my life right now. I love when that happens!

LA is currently in the middle of what is typically known as "June Gloom"...yesterday was the first sunny day we have had in two weeks. Amazing, LOL. It is overcast and cool today--and I LOVE it! Perfect weather to curl up with a good book and a warm blanket, while sipping hot chocolate (my latest liquid "obsession"...last month it was apple juice, and before that lemonade)...

Advice for the day: Read Elisabeth Elliot if you ever have the opportunity--both men and women! :)