Wednesday, May 26, 2004

"The Wreck of the Titan or Futility" by Morgan Robertson

Quick update--

I read The Wreck of Titan or Futility by Morgan Robertson last night...for those who are not familiar with this work, it was published in 1898, and it describes almost exactly what would happen to the Titanic in 1912.

I had always heard about this work--so I decided to read it. I was amazed. Seriously--this guy KNEW what was going to happen! An unsinkable ship, the biggest of its day--called "Titan"-- hit an iceburg while sailing the Northern line across the Atlantic, and most of the passengers drowned because there were not enough lifeboats. There are more similarities--but I seriously am amazed. If it hadn't been proven to have been published in 1898, I wouldn't believe it.

Anyway--you should read it!

Also--I have come across a wonderful, encouraging blog that I have linked in my blog list...a woman named Monica from Utah. It is inspiring, and very uplifting. Check it out!