Monday, May 24, 2004

D.C., LA and other developments in my life...

The past 4 days were extremely difficult for me, for one reason or another...but one reason is this: Reminders of the East Coast were everywhere...Pennsylvania license plates appearing on more cars than usual...our "University Choir and Orchestra" (UCO) touring on the East Coast and spending 3 days in D.C. (and my friends calling me for advice on where they should go, where they should eat, etc.)...a family from church who left today for a week in D.C...a friend from church who is in New York City for a week...ETC...the list continues!

Yesterday I realized that I have to go back...I don't know how I will be able to afford it, but I want to do whatever I can to fly to D.C. and Pennsylvania this summer, even if just for a weekend. I miss my "family" in Pennsylvania, and I wish that I could be there again this summer, ministering full-time, spending time with the youth, etc. But God has me in Los Angeles for some reason, and I will persevere--with a side trip hopefully, to where I really long to be.

But anyway...enough about that...

I had Mark and Jenn (our youth ministers) over for dinner on Friday night, and we had a wonderful time...I made my "creation"--yet to be named--and it was a hit! They were my first taste-testers other than myself!

I spent most of Saturday at Biola University--which is my school's "arch-rival". I woke up Saturday morning realizing that (1) I wanted out of my apartment and (2) I really wanted to see my dear ASP friends. So I spent the day with Lindsey and Alli, and got to be a part of Alli's surprise graduation party--which I didn't know about until she did! It was so awesome to spend time with these girls, one of whom was one of my roommates in D.C...these girls and I have shared so many experiences and memories...so many great conversations...and I will never forget them. Another ASP friend is in town for the week, and I hope to meet up with her on Thursday.

Things in my life continue to change and to go in directions that I never expected...life is hard right now, but I know that I'm not alone...God reminds me of His presence everyday, and also reminds me that He alone can see the "big picture" of why these things are happening. I know that I am growing and changing, and that process often is hard and painful.

Life is about risks...it is about loving your "neighbor" even when it hurts...but more importantly it is about following God wherever He may lead...and I'm willing to walk down that path with Him, no matter where it leads.